If you are reading this blog, chances are you have already made up your mind that you are ready to sell your car. But before you begin the process remember that hasty decisions are never a good idea. So take your time to decide exactly what is the most feasible option for you to sell the car. We will take you through the three best options to help you get a clear perspective and make a decision.
1- Sell It Privately
It is believed that selling a car privately can land you with the best possible offers. Sadly, it is only true for the vehicles high in demand and can be sold quickly. Even if you can land yourself with a great offer, you must keep in mind that you will have a lot of work to do on your end.
Selling a vehicle privately can be done by placing advertisements in the newspaper or you can sell your car online as well through popular applications and websites such as eBay, Facebook, Craigslist, etc.
Next, comes the lengthy process which can cost you a lot of time and energy.
- You need to find out your car’s worth
- Collect a free vehicle history report which will help you promote a higher sale price
- Work on making your ad look attractive to potential buyers. Add sufficient details and pictures of your car.
- When you attract buyers, set up meetings with them. This step can be time-consuming and tiring. You will have to meet an awful lot of strangers and pick out serious buyers.
- After you have chosen a buyer, you will have to schedule test drives and inspections. You need to be extra cautious because you don’t want anyone running off with your vehicle.
- Then comes the tricky part of negotiating a quote. Buyers tend to offer a low price and hope for you to jump down. You must know your car’s worth and not be gullible. You should be realistic with your expectations as well
- Once the quote has been decided, prepare the paperwork and sign your vehicle to the buyer.
- Make sure you have a secure method of payment to avoid any sort of scams. Verify the identity of the buyer and their location.
For some individuals, this might feel like a lot of effort. If you are one of those, we have other options lined up so keep reading!
2- Involve A Dealer
Selling your car through a dealer can save you a lot of time and effort. However, certain things must be kept in mind:
- Usually, cars in good condition are more likely to attract a dealer. If your car is no longer running, you should probably junk it or sell it for parts.
- Although you are involving a dealer, it’s wise to do your market research first. Make use of online resources that are extremely convenient and give you a clear idea of your car’s worth.
- Keep in mind that selling your car through a dealer will save you trouble and make you less money compared to selling it privately yourself.
- Once you connect with a dealer, they will inspect your vehicle and take a test drive.
- After that, you will receive an offer. You can evaluate it yourself and negotiate if you think the offer is unfair. Take your time to reach the final decision.
- Once the decision is made, complete the paperwork, hand over the keys, and with that, you are done!
Your last option is selling your car through a car buying service.
3- Car Buying Service
Car buying service is much like a dealership except for a few changes. Here’s how the process works:
- Submit your car’s details such as model and make, warranty, relevant documents to the company
- The company will review the details and make an offer for the purchase
- To take it further, schedule an inspection and a test drive
- Give your desired quote and reach an agreement. Negotiate if necessary
- Complete all the paperwork and finalize the sale
- Receive the payment via the most suitable transfer method for you and hand over the keys
Now that you have a detailed idea of the process and have explored your options, you can sell your car for cash without any further delay!